UPDATED MONDAY 9 MARCH 2020
Due to the current situation relating to the outbreak of Covid-19 Virus, the organisers of Short Stay Show would like to reassure all our exhibitors, visitors, staff and our many partners that we are closely monitoring the situation and, in cooperation with our venues, we will be taking all sensible steps to ensure that Short Stay Show proceeds safely and successfully.
You can all help us to have a safe and successful event by following the simple advice of the World Health Organization as you travel whilst attending events such as Short Stay Show.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand rub if your hands are not visibly dirty.
- When coughing and sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue. Please discard the tissue immediately into a closed bin and clean your hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Maintain at least 1 metre (3 feet) of distance between yourself and other people, particularly those who are coughing, sneezing and have a fever.
- Physical contact has been shown to aid the transmission of Coronavirus. Several of our larger international clients have issued “handshake bans” within their organisations. Please do not be offended if somebody refuses to shake hands with you – they are taking sensible precautions and are likely to be following their own corporate guidelines.
- If you have mild respiratory symptoms and no recent travel history to China or other affected areas, please practice basic respiratory and hand hygiene and – ideally – stay at home until you have recovered.
- Avoid travelling at all if you have a temperature or a cough or a sore throat
- Exhibitors, we also encourage you to take common-sense precautions on your stands
- Make sure tissues and hand sanitisers are available for your staff
- Ensure any staff members with any sort of cold symptoms do not attend the exhibition
- Keep all food areas very clean and tidy – make sure staff wash their hands before picking up any communal food (e.g. sandwich platter)
- PLEASE don’t offer unwrapped sweets or snacks on your stand
- We would prefer that you did not hand out general leaflets, pens etc for obvious reasons. Documentation can of course be available on stand.
We are carefully following government guidance, which, among other things, is to have good hand and respiratory hygiene and have introduced hand sanitisers at key locations around the show
We are working with ExCeL London and the statement of the steps they are taking can also be found on their website
At ExCeL, London there is a comprehensive daily cleaning schedule which includes monitoring of toilet facilities and of all public and event space on a frequent basis
The Venue also has a well-coordinated emergency management system in place at all times
We will continue to observe the situation and should Government advice change, or any additional precautions be advisable, we will react immediately and ensure this is communicated to all attendees and exhibitors.
In light of the growing concerns around the Coronavirus (COVID-19), Short Stay Show has withdrawn access for visitors from the following affected countries in order to protect the health and well-being of visitors, exhibitors, sponsors, partners, speakers and staff.
These regions include:-
Short Stay Show apologises for any inconvenience caused and asks for understanding in this urgent global situation. Let’s make sure that the Short Stay Show is safe, enjoyable, and productive. Thank you for your understanding as we tackle this unexpected obstacle together, and we look forward to seeing you on 12 March 2020.